Sunday, January 11, 2009

So far, So good!


I started my list 9 days ago... and today, I cross something off of it!  It doesn't seem huge, but it is.  Today, I cross off #85- complete my hot air balloon puzzle!  

I have had this puzzle for at least 13 years that I know off.  Every time I've taken it out, all I've ever accomplished was putting together the hot air balloons because it's a SERIOUSLY hard puzzle!  But after dedicating most of my waking hours to assembling it in the last 11 days, I've finally done it.  And I never will again.   

So, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I know it hasn't been two weeks yet, but I've gotten a good start on the things on my list, and I'm still really excited about it.   

I made my first attempt at donating blood on Wednesday.  I say attempt because they were only able to take about a half pint from me.  They tried to take blood from my right arm because I had an owie on my left arm (my good one, apparently) and I have an unanchored vein.  I.E. it meant a lot of jamming the needle in and out of a lot of different places.  It meant two nurses attempting to move it around, one holding the bag and saying, "Ooo there!  It was gushing!" while the other tried to hold it into place.  It meant my husband, who came for support, nearly vomiting and having to leave my side very very quickly.  And finally, it means a horrible, very large bruise on my arm that does not photograph well.  But, I'm still enthusiastic about it, and am actually looking forward to March 4th, when I can donate again!  

Never give up!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment