Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free Rice!!!

Hello All! (Ha, all 3 of my followers...)  Things are going well, in life and in my list undertakings.  

First off, let's discuss list item # 18.  I have been answering trivia questions about English vocab, grammar, math problems, etc... on freerice.com.  For every question you get correct, the site sponsors donate grains of rice to people who have nothing to eat.  It's completely awesome and I love it, but I have a bone to pick with said sponsors... Where's the generosity, peeps?  When I began my rice endeavor,  you got 20 grains of rice for each correct answer.  This was just a couple of weeks ago, but now you only get 10 grains!  Come on!  Perhaps I was becoming overzealous in my quest, although it can't be blamed on myself totally... unlike the destruction of my German program in high school.  So far, I've donated 113,070 grains.  And I encourage everyone to try it out- it's fun, it's easy (until you hit level 51 in English vocabulary), and it helps people in need.

What else have I been up to?  Well, it's come to my attention that my list is in need of some tweaking.  That's the beauty of it though, as you make your way through the weeks and months, you realize what is and isn't working for you.  So, what needs tweaking?

Let's go in order and start with # 7: Do yoga at least 3 times a week.  This has been difficult for me.  I'm a person who craves time by myself to read or write or whatever.  Let's say I choose to get up 3 hours before work (which I do).  I like to use that time to brace myself for the day, and to talk to my little sissy in London, and check email and whatever.  Because of my damn personality and inability to be flexible, I feel like I have to get up a half hour early to fit anything else in. Ugh.  So, I'm really trying, but this is one that actually takes me out of my comfort zone, even though it's not taxing.  I think the revised version will be once a week.  

Moving right along- # 54: Journal at least one hour each week. I would love to actually do this, but that's not how my writing works.  I'm either in the mood to write, or I'm not.  So, it becomes journal at least once a week.  Much more realistic.

Alright, now we move onto a practically an entire section that needs updating: Music, Movies, & Books.   Numbers 70, 71, & 78 - Turns out, I really have no interest in reading either the Lord of the Rings books or the Chronicles of Narnia.  And I've also got no inclination to read banned or challenged books.  Actually, I do, but I tend to read them anyhow in the course of my life.  However, I don't know what I'm going to replace them with.  And as I have to go to work soon (last time I left late, I accidentally ran into my garage door) I'm going to end this entry.  

Have a wonderful day everyone!  

P.S. A special message to those out there who say "Oh Hot Dayum"... you sound like damn fools.  Give it a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment