Wednesday, May 30, 2012

101 Update... Things Are Looking Good!!

Hi All!
I notice that the number of followers is growing, welcome! I don't update very often, but when I do, I have a LOT to say! :) Here we go:
Mental & Physical Health:
4. Get a flu shot- donsies! Got one this year, so did Mr. Naturally Inspired and little Mr. Naturally Inspired.
6. Little Mr. and I have been doing really well taking walks, especially since the weather has finally blossomed into a beautiful spring. We go to the post office a lot together. 
8. Done! No candy for a week.
9. Done! No cookies for a week.
10. Not done... still wasting too much time. Working on it though!
Spiritual Life:
 This is the area that has been getting the least amount of my attention, I think. I don't mean it to, but praying and reading my Bible get shoved to the side far too often. Much room for improvement here!
Caring for Others:
18. So far, I'm up to 43,480 grains of rice donated. Almost halfway to my goal!!
24. I'm doing okay sending people birthday and anniversary messages... some days, I'm not great, some days, I am. It's like life, right? :) We do the best we can.
29. YES! I graduate from college one week from Saturday. Because I am super awesome. 
33. The husband and I have both been trying to be better with this. We have a recycling garbage can now, and we sometimes even put the right things in it.
35. My garden is in full swing! Get ready for this. I am growing: 2 kinds of peppers, 3 kinds of tomatoes, sugar snap peas, regular shelling peas, cucumbers, strawberries, raspberries, 3 kinds of squash/zucchini, 3 types of flowers, and 6 different herbs. All in containers! Oooo, I can't forget the lettuce! Here's a picture of them a couple of weeks ago:



 Thankfully, they are all outside now. Sadly though, it got too cold for them one night and I've had to replant a few. But it's still early, so I think we'll be alright!
Financial:
39. Sell Matt's car? CHECK!
Creativity:
46. Working on the blog. I have a name picked out, and about 10 manicures that I've done and taken pictures of. I'd like to have a few more before taking the plunge. Also, we are renovating a house right now and should be moved in in the next couple of weeks. After that, it's a go!
53. I sent in a secret to Postsecret.com... and it was picked to be on the site, on Mother's Day. It made me feel pretty special, actually.
56. I have been making sure to journal more. School is over, and part of my "wasting less time" campaign is using some nap times to write. It feels good.
60. The new types of manicures I've done: holographic, accent finger, stamping, dotticure, tape, skittles, ombré, and crackle. 8/10!
Travel:
63. I will be spending next weekend in Chicago with my boys! It's going to be a delightful time (I hope- still nervous about traveling that far with a baby).
Culture:
  I've done a few crossword puzzles, and that's about it for this category. But, this challenge is still young!
Misc.:
84. I have been doing really good wearing my nail polish. I've slipped during the past couple of weeks, but things come up: travel, school, and a baby who's nap times fluctuate wildly. I'm hovering around 15% of my collection that I've used.
88. Done and done! So far, I've sent 54 cards and I've received 44. Including the US, I've sent/received cards from 25 different countries. Surprisingly, I've gotten the most cards from Germany and the Netherlands. Also surprising? The 4 cards I've gotten from Taiwan... it seems like a strange place to get so many cards from when I haven't gotten any from places like Italy or Mexico.
90. Not doing great at brushing Varmit each week, and I feel terrible about it. She's gotten pushed to the side since the little Mr. was born, and it's not fair. I might need to re-vamp this item into something a little different (quality time).
94. Done! I've completed over 20 swaps so far, mostly in the US, but also in Canada, England, and Germany. It's really fun getting to know other people and getting access to products that aren't available in this country.
95. Working on it...
98. I have the person picked out (who changed my life) and I've started composing the letter in my head. I just need to put pen to paper. 
 Well, that's about it for now... and in good time, because the little man is starting to bellow. Thanks for reading!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment