Sunday, February 15, 2009

Too Long To Be Away...

Hello faithful followers!  

  I feel like I've been gone from the blogging world forever.  In reality, it's only been about 12 days, and I do have a good excuse.  My hard drive died!  I went to turn it on one morning, and all that came up was a grey screen with a blinking question mark box.  That was a sad day.  I'd like to give a shout out to The MacGuys for all their assistance in getting me a new, bigger hard drive for the same price as the old and for their quick service.   If anyone would like to contribute to the "Dear God, that was still soooo expensive fund", please contact me directly.  

  I've been very productive in the time it's taken to get the old compy up and running again.  I've crossed off two more items from my list, and have been really blessed with some great experiences. I've also come to an important decision.

The two items I've crossed off are # 73 and # 89. 

  #89 was cool.  I had been thinking a lot about my friend Cindi for a couple of days when I finally decided to call.  It's hard for me to call because she is sooo busy and I don't want to intrude.  I mean, she has 3 young kids, a husband, a teaching job, and everything that entails.  But the day after I called, she sent me an e-card that flat out said I had made her day by calling, and that I shouldn't ever feel like I'm intruding because apparently, I give her a break from her life.  She is one of the coolest people I know, and I just felt great about it.  So, even though #89 is technically complete, I'm going to continue to try and do it again and again.  It's an awesome feeling!

 #73 was to watch all the episodes of the show Freaks & Geeks.  I wanted to give it a try because I've heard a lot of people talking about how funny it was... the same reason I initially watched Arrested Development.  Now, I don't know what those people were talking about, because the show is not all that funny.  But it's real.  It took about 6 or so episodes before I was hooked, and until the end of the last episode before I was in love, but it really is a very good show.  I understand why it wasn't a huge hit when it was on the air.  It wasn't a sitcom, and it wasn't really a drama.  As my husband said, it was kind of a newer, funnier version of The Wonder Years.  I would strongly suggest it to anyone.  The cast is full of recognizable faces, and the best (and sometimes worst) thing about it is that they are all so human, all the time.  You really got to know everyone and see inside their lives.  And relate to it. 

Oi, this is getting long.  

The big decision I've made is to cancel my Curves membership.  It's just not working out for me.  When I went last year, it was at the same time everyday, at a smaller location, with the same group of wonderful people.  That branch was closed and sold, and the cool people scattered, and it's all different now.  But as it turns out, those women- Patty, Diane, Kristen, and a few others were really the driving force behind my going.  Sure, losing weight was great, and the exercise was a good program.  But it's so hard for me to go and not relate to anyone I'm exercising with.  So, I've changed #5 from go to Curves at least 3 times a week to use our elliptical at least 3 times a week.  We'll see how it goes.

Anyhow.  That's enough for today.  Remember to just keep trying, keep smiling, and never be afraid to adapt.  That's what it's all about.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment