I'm gonna do 2 different posts, one just a quick recap of the list, and then another, more detailed post, about how I feel I'm doing so far, and what my goals for this year are. Here we go!
Alrighty! Here's my list.
Overall Health (Mental & Physical):
1. Lose 5lbs. (0/5) New Year, let's try this again!
2. Keep weight off for at least 12 months. (0/12)
3. Stand on the dock at Grandma Findlay's house at sunset and yell for any or no reason.
4. Try acupuncture.
5. Work out at least 3 times a week. (2/429)
6. List 25 things I like about myself. (5/25) My hair; the beauty mark on my right collarbone; 90% of the time, my glass is more than 1/2 full; I never ever stop hoping; that Mamma Mia! makes me so happy I want to cry.
7. Do yoga at least once a week. (6/143)
8. Try the couch to 5k program- start in the spring.
9. Get new glasses.
10. Take a dance class.
11. Ask for help if I need it.
12. Cut out red meat for two weeks. (doesn't have to be consecutive) (0/2)
13. Cut out bread for three weeks. (again, doesn't have to be consecutive) (0/3)
14. Eat only when I'm hungry.
15. Find better birth control.
16. Take a self-defense class.
17. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy. Optional, doodle them onto the craft room walls. (0/100)
18. Donate 1,500,000 grains of rice. (159,680/1,500,000)
19. Help someone cross an item off of their 101 list. (within reason)
20. Donate blood at least three times. (3/3)
21. Be a Salvation Army bell ringer one season.
22. Tip the cost of the meal once.
23. Tip 50% of the meal twice. (0/2)
24. Donate at least one scarf a year to Knit Your Bit. (1/3)
25. Donate two Christmas Shoeboxes a year. (0/4)
26. Complete two Bible/Spiritual book studies with a friend. (5+/2)
27. Read The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick with Matt.
29. Make finding a church home a priority.
30. If we find a church, try joining the worship team.
31. Take two lifelong learning classes at WTC. (0/2)
32. Enroll in college and complete three semesters/quarters. (1/3)
33. Learn to drive a stick shift well... no more bumpy first gear!
34. Learn to shoot a handgun.
35. Learn archery... learn to arch?
36. Become CPR certified.
37. Learn to french braid.
38. Learn to make origami cranes.
39. Learn to knit.
40. Make a better effort to learn Russian.
41. Learn to juggle.
For the Environment:
42. Use only cloth napkins.
43. Buy ten reusable shopping bags. (10/10)
44. Stop buying bagged salads, learn to make my own.
45. Find something better than plastic bottles to keep me hydrated.
46. Use all tax returns to pay off credit card debt. (1/3)
47. Save $10 from each of my paychecks, and $20 from each of Matt's. (min. $50/month) Every $100 goes to credit card debt.
48. Make a budget with Matt, and stick to it! (2/30+)
49. Pay back J & K. ($500/$500)
50. Have 501 No Spending Days! (150/501)
51. Write a letter to my future firstborn. Started 2/1/09
52. Write a poem.
53. Send a secret to Postsecret.
54. Send five letters/postcards/care packages for no reason each year. (5/15)
55. Journal at least once a week. (53/143)
56. Send Ella and Eli a letter once a month. (3/30+)
57. Write better descriptions for all my Etsy listings.
58. Keep a dream journal.
59. Visit Jeremy in D.C.
60. Take a picture of myself on the Brooklyn Bridge, holding a copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
61. Take a road trip with no destination.
62. Ride a train somewhere.
63. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
64. Visit Betty Smith's grave with mom.
65. Go to Six Flags with a group of friends for my 26th birthday.
66. Visit five new states. (0/5)
67. Mule the Grand Canyon.
68. Chase a storm.
69. Visit Anna in London, and go to at least two other countries while there. Part done, part still working on it!
Music, Movies, & Books:
70. Clean up my Ipod- remove every song I don't like!
71. Get rid of all VHSs, replace with DVDs.
72. Get new trivia books for both bathrooms. (0/2)
73. Watch every episode of Freaks & Geeks. (18/18)
74. See The Weepies in concert.
75. Find a hardcover copy of Joy in the Morning in an antique store.
76. Convince someone of the awesomeness that is Abba.
77. Find five new songs/musicians/groups each year that affect me (i.e. make me so happy or so sad or so etc... perhaps something I can listen to over and over again.) (7/15) The Call, Regina Spektor; Baba O'Riley, The Who; Dust in the Wind, Kansas, Defying Gravity, Kerry Ellis; Petra Haden; Whatever It Takes, The Faders; Many the Miles, Sara Bareilles .
78. Read at least two new-to-me books a week from the library. (229/286)
79. Read Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.
80. See the musical Wicked.
81. Read the Twilight series.
82. Make and keep a movie for insurance purposes. Started 1/23/09 Last Updated 12/09
83. Watch all the movies we have that I haven't seen yet. Only 16 left!
84. Complete (with no outside help) fifteen crossword puzzles. Can be any level, but one must be hard. (4/15) 3 Easy, 1 Medium
85. Complete (finally!!!) my hot air balloon puzzle.
86. Organize childhood photographs with mom.
87. Finish refurbishing dollhouse- including furniture.
88. Brush Varmit once a week. (30/143)
89. Make someone's day.
90. Limit computer time to two hours a day, four out of seven days a week. (10/572)
91. Complete Keri Smith's 100 ideas. (0/100)
92. Buy big happy rain boots and go puddle jumping.
93. Dye my hair red.
94. Wear false eyelashes on a regular day... extra points if they're sparkly.
95. Scrapbook at least five hours a month. (0/175)
96. Try eggplant.
97. Buy a new nude bra.
98. Submit a photo to bestkisses.com.
99. High-five five strangers in non-athletic venues. (1/5) 1/28/09 High-fived a guy at the counter at the Barnes & Noble Cafe... he was quoting my favorite poem!
100. Reconnect with my Kolosovsky family. Working on it... Facebook helps!
101. Find the best tattoo artist in the state (or tri-state area) and have them do my little red dragon.